Is the int8_ops being implimented?

От Ryan Bradetich
Тема Is the int8_ops being implimented?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello hackers...

I tried this with version 6.4.2 and the current development tree.

ryan=> create table test (test int8 PRIMARY KEY);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index test_pkey for table test
ERROR:  Can't find a default operator class for type 20.

I also tried this:

ryan=> create table test (i int8);
CREATE
ryan=> create index test_pkey on test (i);
ERROR:  Can't find a default operator class for type 20.

and this:

ryan=> create index test_pkey on test using btree (i int8_ops);
ERROR:  DefineIndex: int8_ops class not found

Finally I tried to cast it to an int4_ops to see what happened:

ryan=> create unique index test_pkey on test using btree (i int4_ops);
CREATE

looks good but...

ryan=> insert into test values (5);
INSERT 1133758 1

ryan=> insert into test values (5);
INSERT 1133759 1

ryan=> select * from test;
-
5
5
(2 rows)

Doesn't look quite right to me.   If no-one else is working on this, maybe
this would be a good project for me to look into.

- Ryan