Re: [HACKERS] Keywords

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Keywords
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Could anyone tell me why a term like 'int' is not a keyword?
>
> Also I need a list of postgresql types so I know which ones should be
> accepted by ecpg.

We don't reserve the type names as keywords, and because they can create
their own types, it wouldn't make sense.

> Finally I wonder whether we should make all ecpg keywords keywords for the
> backend too. Or else we could end up with queries expressable via psql but
> not via ecpg.

Seems like more work than it's worth, no?  Why not have psql queries
that can't be done in ecpg.  Most commercial embedded sql's have a more
limited keyword set, don't they?

Pennsylvania19026