Embedded SQL question

От Michael Meskes
Тема Embedded SQL question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On my todo list I found two missing commands:

exec sql free
exec sql alloc

I remember seeing them in an (Informix?) example. But I cannot remember what
they should do? They do not seem to be standard either.

Does anyone one know more about this?

Also there is the exec sql type statement. At least Oracle has this typedef
equivalent. The syntax is:

exec sql type <c-type> is <ora-type>

In my examples this is followed by the keyword "REFERENCE". I have no idea
whether this is required or optional. Does anyone know that? And what does
it mean?

Michael
Email: Michael.Meskes@gmx.net          | Use PostgreSQL!