PGSQL 6.4 is crashing

От Marc Eggenberger
Тема PGSQL 6.4 is crashing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi there

I have a quite busy site with about 150'000 hits a day which runs on SuSe Linux 6, apache 1.3.3, php 3.0.5 and postgres
6.4

now the postmaster task is going down quite often now (sometimes several times an hour) ... here's a brief log:

FATAL: s_lock(4015504d) at spin.c:125, stuck spinlock. Aborting.

FATAL: s_lock(4015504d) at spin.c:125, stuck spinlock. Aborting.
ERROR:  attribute f not found
FATAL 1:  Database system does not exist.  PGDATA directory '/var/lib/pgsql/data' not found.
        Normally, you create a database system by running initdb.
ERROR:  postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: Invalid argument
TRAP: Failed Assertion("!(lock->nHolding > 0):", File: "lock.c", Line: 1318)

!(lock->nHolding > 0) (0) [Illegal seek]

NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and possibly
corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database s
ystem connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
TRAP: Failed Assertion("!(proc == MyProc || pid != MyProcPid):", File: "proc.c", Line: 355)

!(proc == MyProc || pid != MyProcPid) (0) [Illegal seek]
NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and possibly
corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database s
ystem connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
TRAP: Failed Assertion("!(proc == MyProc || pid != MyProcPid):", File: "proc.c", Line: 355)

!(proc == MyProc || pid != MyProcPid) (0) [Illegal seek]
ERROR:  attribute f not found

does anybody maybe knows any hints?

or how can I set the log to a more verbose mode? I mean time when those events happend would be interessting ...
and when the postmaster crashes I have a lot of zombie tasks ....

--
mit freundlichen Gruessen