Moving postgre db's from a 6.3 to a 6.4 on a new machine

От Marc Eggenberger
Тема Moving postgre db's from a 6.3 to a 6.4 on a new machine
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi there.

I have a Sun with postgres 6.3 installed on it and some db which run fine ... now I have new computers (faster ones)
whichrun linux with postgres 6.4 installed ... how do I move the db's? which way this can be done? I tried to creatdb
dband then copy the dir .. but then this comes up:
Connection to database 'postgres' failed.
FATAL 1:  InitPostgres could not validate that the database version is compatible with this level of Postgres
        even though the database system as a whole appears to be at a compatible level.
        You may need to recreate the database with SQL commands DROP DATABASE and CREATE DATABASE.
        Version number in file '/var/lib/pgsql/data/base/postgres/PG_VERSION' should be 6.4, not 6.3.

--
mit freundlichen Gruessen