Re: [HACKERS] Proposed autoconf change: rip out search for 'install'

От Brook Milligan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposed autoconf change: rip out search for 'install'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The minimum-change, safest way to address the issue is to take out  configure.in's search for an install and always
useinstall-sh  unless the user specifically overrides that.  Using AC_PROG_INSTALL  looks to me like it introduces more
risk;there's a possibility that  it will settle on an install that isn't really compatible, which is  the same problem
we'vegot now.  On the other hand, there's a lot to  be said for using standardized solutions, and AC_PROG_INSTALL is
presumablypretty well tested...

Why not just go with AC_PROG_INSTALL since it gets tested by all the
other gnu software installations anyway.  If there are special cases
that it doesn't grok we can always put it inside a conditional based
on a --with-install=/your/favorite/install/program configure option.
I doubt we really will need that, though.

Cheers,
Brook

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Question about postmaster processes
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Question about postmaster processes