Re: [HACKERS] new graphics file?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] new graphics file?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> There is a new Postscript graphics file in doc/src/graphics/catalogs.ps.
> I assume that the comment in the log:
>
> revision 1.1
> date: 1998/08/11 02:32:00;  author: momjian;  state: Exp;
> New findoidjoins examines oid columns to find join relationships.
>
> may mean that something in that is different than for the original file
> catalogs.gif. Is the source available in something other than Postscript
> or gif? I had checked in .gif files to allow building the html easily,
> and checked in the .ag (Applix graphics) files as sources I had
> converted from the original gif files, expecting to move to another
> format at some point. Hannu and I had concluded (last spring?) that CGM
> format might be the most portable, but we didn't actually commit to
> changing to that for the sources.
>
> Anyway, let me know what's available; I'm past due on starting the
> hardcopy docs integration...

The .ps file is from the 1.* release.  The current flowchart gif is
unreadable, while this one is quite nice.  At one point, I saw a
untility that would pull diagrams out of a postscript file and into
xfig, but I lost name of it somehow.

I just left it there so we would have a readable copy we could use
someday.  It would be nice if we could get this loaded into xfig, or
click-able html.  I have thought about it, and findoidjions does most of
the work.  I have toyed with some html, and it looked OK, but I was not
100% satisfied.  I was looking for some multi-level display, that could
show tables, and you could click into them.

Pennsylvania19026