Обсуждение: new graphics file?

new graphics file?

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
There is a new Postscript graphics file in doc/src/graphics/catalogs.ps.
I assume that the comment in the log:

revision 1.1
date: 1998/08/11 02:32:00;  author: momjian;  state: Exp;
New findoidjoins examines oid columns to find join relationships.

may mean that something in that is different than for the original file
catalogs.gif. Is the source available in something other than Postscript
or gif? I had checked in .gif files to allow building the html easily,
and checked in the .ag (Applix graphics) files as sources I had
converted from the original gif files, expecting to move to another
format at some point. Hannu and I had concluded (last spring?) that CGM
format might be the most portable, but we didn't actually commit to
changing to that for the sources.

Anyway, let me know what's available; I'm past due on starting the
hardcopy docs integration...
                  - Tom

Re: [HACKERS] new graphics file?

Дата:
> There is a new Postscript graphics file in doc/src/graphics/catalogs.ps.
> I assume that the comment in the log:
>
> revision 1.1
> date: 1998/08/11 02:32:00;  author: momjian;  state: Exp;
> New findoidjoins examines oid columns to find join relationships.
>
> may mean that something in that is different than for the original file
> catalogs.gif. Is the source available in something other than Postscript
> or gif? I had checked in .gif files to allow building the html easily,
> and checked in the .ag (Applix graphics) files as sources I had
> converted from the original gif files, expecting to move to another
> format at some point. Hannu and I had concluded (last spring?) that CGM
> format might be the most portable, but we didn't actually commit to
> changing to that for the sources.
>
> Anyway, let me know what's available; I'm past due on starting the
> hardcopy docs integration...

The .ps file is from the 1.* release.  The current flowchart gif is
unreadable, while this one is quite nice.  At one point, I saw a
untility that would pull diagrams out of a postscript file and into
xfig, but I lost name of it somehow.

I just left it there so we would have a readable copy we could use
someday.  It would be nice if we could get this loaded into xfig, or
click-able html.  I have thought about it, and findoidjions does most of
the work.  I have toyed with some html, and it looked OK, but I was not
100% satisfied.  I was looking for some multi-level display, that could
show tables, and you could click into them.

Pennsylvania19026