Re: [HACKERS] Problem with interfaces/ecpg/lib/Makefile.in in PostgreSQL 6.4.

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Problem with interfaces/ecpg/lib/Makefile.in in PostgreSQL 6.4.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 17, 1998 at 02:29:06PM -0400, Billy G. Allie wrote:
> The make file for interfaces/ecpg/lib cuased the following problem:
>
> gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `ecpglib.sho.o', needed by `libecpg.so.1'.

Is this still in there? I had a fix for this in m ylast patch.

> The following patch will fix the problem.  It works by removing the need for
> the *.sho files, which seems to be only used to create the shared libraries.

The *.sho are needed. It seems much easier to just remove the .o after the
.sho.

> These files are not needed since the ecpglib.o and typename.o files will be
> built correctly for inclusion to the shared libraries because CFLAGS_SL are
> added to CFLAGS if the systems is one of the systems supporting shared
> libraries.

I'm afraid that's not true. The .o files are for the static library. The .sho
files are compiled with -fpic instead so they are better suited for the
shared library.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!