initialize data base

От esteban rieznik
Тема initialize data base
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi there.

When I try to execute initdb script I get the following message:

initdb: using ../lib/local1_template1.bki.source as input to create the
template database.
initdb: using ../lib/global1.bki.source as input to create the global
classes.
initdb: using ../lib/pg_hba.conf.sample as the host-based authentication
control file.

We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=98).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

initdb: creating template database in ../data/base/template1
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D../data -Q template1
ERROR:  cannot read block 0 of pg_variable
ERROR:  cannot read block 0 of pg_variable
initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out ../data/base/template1

I already created user "postgres" to execute Postgresql.
Should I change owner ID in directories or executables?

Any help will really be appreciated.