Re: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> > > Has anyone tried running multiple postmasters w/ the same data
> > > directory.
> > > Any issues to watch out for?  Problems with locking?
> > > All of the systems would be running on Red Hat 5.1 x86.
> >
> > Hard to imagine why you would want to do that.  pg_log would be shared
> > by all backends, even if they connect to different databases, so this
> > is
> > very bad.
> Where is the pg_log located?  The only thing they would share would be
> data directories.  I plan on running each backing on different machines
> sharing a data directory.  It's more for load distribution than anything
> else.

It will not work.  pg_log is in the toplevel data directory, and some of
the stuff is stored in shared memory, which is not shared among
postmasters.

Сообщение: RE: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters