Re: [GENERAL] Limit on multi-field indexes?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Limit on multi-field indexes?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > > If it holds 8 integers, why can't I have 8 columns in a multi-field index?
> > >
> > > I am currently writing a tool to replicate any database to a PostgreSQL mirror
> > > and the very first customer for this tool has several tables with 8 fields in
> > > their primary key. Sod's Law:-((
> >
> > OK, I am committing changes which will allow 8-key indexes, rather than
> > just seven.  Please test this at your convenience.
> >

> Good on ya Bruce!!
>
> (Traditional Aussie saying ;-) )
>
> Thank you very much. Where might I find the patch?

You have to get involved in the 6.4 beta by joining the hackers list,
and/or get a snapshot from the ftp site that has a date after today's
date.

http://www.op.net/~candle              |  (610) 353-9879(w)
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  (610) 853-3000(h)
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |