Re: [GENERAL] Limit on multi-field indexes?

От Stephen Davies
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Limit on multi-field indexes?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > If it holds 8 integers, why can't I have 8 columns in a multi-field index?
> >
> > I am currently writing a tool to replicate any database to a PostgreSQL mirror
> > and the very first customer for this tool has several tables with 8 fields in
> > their primary key. Sod's Law:-((
>
> OK, I am committing changes which will allow 8-key indexes, rather than
> just seven.  Please test this at your convenience.

Good on ya Bruce!!

(Traditional Aussie saying ;-) )

Thank you very much. Where might I find the patch?

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen.

Stephen Davies Consulting                                            scldad@sdc.com.au
Adelaide, South Australia.                                             Voice: 61-8-82728863
Computing & Network solutions.                                     Fax: 61-8-82741015

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Limit on multi-field indexes?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Limit on multi-field indexes?