compiled on NetBSD but...

От Navindra Umanee
Тема compiled on NetBSD but...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Montreal Wed Aug  5 17:49:37 1998

Hi, I've successfully compiled PostgreSQL 6.3.2 on a NetBSD machine:

% uname -a
NetBSD etlebut 1.3 NetBSD 1.3 (SERVETHIS-980406) #0: Mon Apr  6 07:28:57 EDT 199
8     sco@etlebut:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/SERVETHIS-980406 i386
% flex -V
flex version 2.5.4
% bison --version
GNU Bison version 1.25

For some reason however, the regression test fails rather miserably with:

=============== destroying old regression database... =================
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "drop"
destroydb: database destroy failed on regression.
=============== creating new regression database...   =================
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "create"
createdb: database creation failed on regression.
createdb failed

I get these same errors whenever I manually try "createdb blah" or
"destroydb blah".  Can anyone give me a hint or clue as to what may be
going wrong?  I tried to search the archives but I did not find
anything much that could help me.

Many thanks,
Navin

PS I missed this list the first time, and sent a similar email to
   pgsql-novice.  :-|