Still having trouble compiling Postgresql

От johnbr@vossnet.co.uk (John Bright)
Тема Still having trouble compiling Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi guys,
I ran another couple of attempted compiles of Postgresql,
which unfortunately are still failing.
(attached is the latest make.log).
The errors I was getting before were for stuff in libreadline,
specifically relating to terminal.o and a stack of undefined
functions.
I downloaded the latest GNU readline lib from sunsite, compiled
and installed it. Copied the latest readline header files to
/usr/include and the latest .a files to /usr/lib.
In my previous compiles the function tputs amongst others was
moaning it couldn't be found. I found this in tcat.h in the
latest version of readline, so thought I would be on to a winner.
Anyway, I did a make clean to zap any intermediary files, and
kicked off the make all, with the enclosed output.
Oh, by the way the Makefile offers up 2 default include path
additions ncurses and readline. The latter directory does not
exist and curses exists as opposed to ncurses.
I'm using SuSE Linux 5.1. Is this a supported platform ?
The point where the compile crashed was an inability to find
function readline in psql.c, yet the routine readline.c has that
routine. Beats me !!
Would be grateful for any ideas.
Regards
John