Re: [ADMIN] Another postgres user/group name possibble?

От dj@pelf.harvard.edu (Diab Jerius)
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Another postgres user/group name possibble?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> Subject: [ADMIN] Another postgres user/group name possibble?
> To: pgsql-admin@postgreSQL.org
> Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 20:18:33 -0600 (MDT)
> From: "Richard Ryan" <ryanr@ez0.ezlink.com>
>
> Hi,
>
> I've got a bit of a complicated problem here with a postgres user
> already existing on the network I'm on (and having /dev/null as its
> home).  Is there a way I can something other than ``postgres'' as a name
> for the Postgres superuser and group name?  I don't know why anybody
> would create a postgres user on our network, but I would just rather not
> deal with it.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard.

Richard,

Postgres doesn't really care what the owner is called;  name it as you like.

Diab

Diab Jerius                       Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
                                  60 Garden St, MS 70, Cambridge MA 02138 USA
djerius@cfa.harvard.edu           vox: 617 496 7575         fax: 617 495 7356