Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Index unused with OR?

От Teodorescu Constantin
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Index unused with OR?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> > Not using the index in OR queries was some-time ago a bug in
> > PostgreSQL 6.1 if my memory is good. Think that has been solved in
> > new releases, am I wrong ?

w=> explain select * from p where (m=29000) or (m=30000);
NOTICE: QUERY PLAN:

Seq Scan on p (cost=0.00 size=0 width=10)
It seems that it was not solved :-(

Let's hear also some other answers from the developers ...

Please make another try ! I have discovered once a strange thing :  that if I am vacuuming the database as another user
thanroot, the statistics table isn't properly updated. I think that it was a problem with my database, I have reported
butnoone has reported the same thing again , so ... the problem it has been dropped.

Make another try logging as postgres user, issue "psql yourdb" command and then vacuum. Repeat the EXPLAIN query and
checkif it's the same result!

Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA