Re: [HACKERS] patch for memory overrun on Linux(i386)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] patch for memory overrun on Linux(i386)
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] patch for memory overrun on Linux(i386)  (dg@illustra.com (David Gould))
Список pgsql-hackers

> Some things just require confirmation...can someone else (Thomas?) running
> Linux comment on this before I apply it?  I just find it kinda unexpected
> to see something that doesn't work for SCO doesn't work for Linux too :)

On BSDI, malloc man pages says:

     The allocated space is suitably aligned (after possible pointer coercion)
     for storage of any type of object.

I don't believe this is a standard, and I think Linux may not follow it.
I think I heard somewhere they don't.  We certainly need to have this
checked before use in a patch.