Re: [HACKERS] Re: your mail

От Andrew Martin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: your mail
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> >   By the way, I have a sugestion I'd like to do about psql:
> >
> >   It would be a good idea, IMHO, that if psql is called alone (without
> > database nor any parameter), instead of try to connect to database 'user'
> > starts interactively without connection.  Then, simple calling "\c dbname"
> > would connect the user to the desired database.  What you think?
> >   Cheers,
>
> This seems like a good idea.  Any comments?

What about having an environment variable to check and if this isn't set either,
start without connecting.

i.e. Priority 1 is the command line
     Priority 2 the envvar
     Default, start without connection

Andrew

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775