Re: [HACKERS] Patch for glibc2 date problems

От Andrew Martin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch for glibc2 date problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > The remaining part of the patch is to force the undefinition of
> > HAVE_INT_TIMEZONE; again this is glibc2-specific, but I don't know
> > any reason to suppose it wouldn't be needed on any machine with glibc2.
> >
> > It would really be helpful to have someone on a non-Linux machine test
> > it; but is there anyone?
>
> Our code is complicated enough without adding patches for OS bugs.  A
> good place for the patch is the Linux FAQ.  If it really becomes a
> problem, we can put the patch as a separate file in the distribution,
> and mention it in the INSTALL instructions.  If you really want to get
> fancy, as I did with the flex bug, you can run a test at compile time to
> see if the bug exists.
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian
> maillist@candle.pha.pa.us

If someone can mail me an exact description of the problem with info on
the setup which shows it AND the patch info, then I'll add it to the
Linux-specific FAQ. (Much like the ld bug in Irix-6 has a patch
description in the Irix-FAQ).

Bets wishes,

Andrew

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Linux Journal article on PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Linux Journal article on PostgreSQL