Re: [HACKERS] Linux Journal article on PostgreSQL

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Linux Journal article on PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Got my Linux Journal today and the first featured article is entitled
> >   "PostgreSQL - The Linux of Databases"
> Haven't seen it yet - guess my copy will arrive any day. It does seem
> a shame that an article like this came from someone who isn't active on
> any of these lists (AFAIK). Maybe he could have posted the article here
> so any factual errors could have been pointed out before it went
> to LJ.

Yes, that was my initial reaction too. However, to look at it another way, it
is great that someone, who is not as wrapped up in Postgres as those of us
active on the lists seem to be, can look at it, use it, and say nice things
about it. I have _never_ seen an article written about something with which I
am familiar which seemed to be 100% correct, except (perhaps :) in refereed
journals.

                                                          - Tom