Re: [HACKERS] Disk block size issues.

От Shiby Thomas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Disk block size issues.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
=>     I kinda like this one...if it can be relatively implimented.  The main
=> reason I like it is that, like -B and -S, it means that someone could deal
=> with "tweaking" a system without having to recompile from scratch...
=>
The -S flag for the postmaster seems to be setting the silentflag. But the
FAQ says, it can be used to set the sort memory. The following is 6.2.1 version
code in src/backend/postmaster/postmaster.c
            case 'S':

                /*
                 * Start in 'S'ilent mode (disassociate from controlling
                 * tty). You may also think of this as 'S'ysV mode since
                 * it's most badly needed on SysV-derived systems like
                 * SVR4 and HP-UX.
                 */
                silentflag = 1;
                break;

Am I looking at the wrong file? Can someone please tell me how to increase
the sort memory size.

Thanks
--shiby