Re: Any conclusion on the Xeon context-switching issue?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Any conclusion on the Xeon context-switching issue?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Subject says it all really. I've got a new client who seems to be
> suffering from it, and I'm not sure if any conclusion was reached.

What's he using?  8.1 seems to have alleviated the problem somewhat,
and I've done more work in CVS tip.  It'll never go away entirely,
because these chips are just not very good at sharing memory, but
we've certainly reduced it quite a bit from where it was in 7.x.