Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> This is really interesting to me: why? Running select '2019-04-30'::date
> between '2019-04-01'::date and '2019-04-30'::date; yields true, and
> generally the lower and upper bounds are inclusive in any kind of between
> check for languages I am familiar with.

It's possible to do it like that for discrete types like dates.  It's
not possible for continuous types.  Exercise: try to write a partitioning
rule for a "numeric" column that classifies every value into one and only
one partition, if the partitioning behavior is like A <= X <= B.

(No fair restricting the precision of the numeric.)

Сообщение: Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?
Сообщение: Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?