Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE
Дата
Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE  (Paul Förster <paul.foerster@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
=?utf-8?Q?Paul_F=C3=B6rster?= <paul.foerster@gmail.com> writes:
> seems, I found some kind of solution:

> - before running "pg_upgrade --check -k":
>   drop extension plpythonu;
> - run pg_upgrade
> - after the upgrade:
>   create extension plpython3u;

> Is this the correct way?

If you had plpythonu installed before, that's a plausible thing
to do.  (There was discussion some time ago about making the
python-2-to-3 transition less painful for users, but we failed
to come to any consensus about how; so manual fixes like this
are going to be needed for a lot of people.)

However, I don't understand how "drop extension plpythonu"
worked for you, given your previous query showing that
that extension wasn't installed.