Re: rint() replacement

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: rint() replacement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Also, there is a special HPUX 9 configure test to look for rint() a
> different location.  I am not sure if the new replacement rint() test
> has invalidated that code.  Do we still support HPUX 9?  (I added a
> comment to the configure script to mention it might now be broken.)

HPUX 9 is obsolete (heck, HP is about to obsolete HPUX 10...).  If
there's any beta testers out there still running it, they can find out
for us.  But I'd say that if you are providing a portable rint() in
/port, we could get rid of the HPUXMATHLIB crock and let configure
fall back to using the /port version.

> I see a cbrt() in float.c.  Do we actually have platforms that don't
> have cbrt()/cube root?  I am inclined to remove it more move it to
> /port.

Hardly worth the trouble.  The substitute implementation is small
and portable...