Re: Converting from SQL_ASCII to UTF8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Converting from SQL_ASCII to UTF8
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan@gmail.com> writes:
> I have some UTF-8 data in my databases, and it's causing dump/restore
> to fail. Specifically, I'm seeing messages like:
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence
> for encoding "UTF8": 0xe14c65

This is, in fact, not UTF8, no matter how much you'd like to think so.
It might possibly be LATIN1 or some other single-byte encoding.  What
you're going to need to do is figure out what you really have and
convert it all to a common encoding.

One of the disadvantages of SQL_ASCII mode is that it will let you wind
up with a mishmash of different encodings in your DB :-(