Re: could not read transaction log directory ...?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: could not read transaction log directory ...?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Brusser <michael@synchronicity.com> writes:
> "Cookie is stale" - ..?
> Should I consider some problems with the file server?

Running a database over an NFS mount is widely considered foolish.
It exposes you to all sorts of failure modes that don't exist with
a local filesystem.

> The strange thing is that process always crashes some 30 minutes
> after start.

Well, that would fit fine with the notion that there's some kind of
30-minute timeout on open files in your NFS stack.

> Another point is that it works fine on another machine -
> Red Hat 7.2 with 2.4.9 kernel.
> I'm not sure what to make out of this.

I'd call it a kernel bug or NFS server bug.