Re: Script timeout

От Roberto Grandi
Тема Re: Script timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I think your suggestion is

SELECT set_config('statement_timeout','1000 s',false); -- enable timeout

--
-- DO SQL Statements here
--

SELECT set_config('statement_timeout','0',false); -- disable timeout

Am I correct? Moreover what can happen if another query runs on the same connection pool ?
I would limit the effect only on this specific query.

Roberto

----- Original Message -----
From: "Federico" <rotellaro@gmail.com>
To: "Roberto Grandi" <roberto.grandi@trovaprezzi.it>
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:37:09 PM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Script timeout

This should work.
SELECT set_config('statement_timeout','1000 s',false);

The set_config function is quite flexible as can accept dynamic values.
More info here
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-admin.html

I've used successfully to change the script timeout for each statement in
my maintenance scripts using a temporary table to store the deadline.

Kind Regards
Federico

On 17 September 2013 17:23, Roberto Grandi <roberto.grandi@trovaprezzi.it>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> i would set a script timeout from a .net application. My problem regards
> how to make sure that time out will be reset at the end of the script such
> as
>
> SET statement_timeout 1000
> SELECT pg_sleep(2);
>
> trowhs exception
>

> After that
>
> SELECT pg_sleep(2);
>
> wouldn't throw exception.
>

> Can you help me to solve this issue?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> BR
> Roberto
>

> --

Federico Campoli
DE MATERIALIZING, UK, Planet Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy
There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.
(The fourth Doctor)
http://www.pgdba.co.uk
Hi

Сообщение: Re: Dumping a database that is not accepting commands?
Сообщение: Re: Dumping a database that is not accepting commands?