Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Дата
Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal  ("Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-docs
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> Though thinking on this further, we’d probably want to maintain the URLs
> that have been generated through the years so they don’t all 404 at once.
> That would require having the appropriate URL rules written out either in
> pgweb itself or at the web server level.

I dunno, you think it's worth the trouble?  The whole premise of this
proposal is that hardly anybody is looking at those pages.  If that's
not the case, we shouldn't be doing this.

OTOH, if we can easily set up a generic redirect rule like "if
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/*/static/release-*.html
doesn't exist, then redirect to
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/old-release-notes/static/release-*.html"
it might be worth doing.

Сообщение: Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Сообщение: Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal