Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> This is fundamentally broken by the changes to support relocatable
>> installs: PG now attempts to find the support files by relative paths
>> from the place where the executable was found.

> I recall that on some systems the "normal" method of installation is
> installing everything in private directory trees and then symlinking
> the relevant parts to shared locations.  Also, sites using AFS file
> systems do things of that kind.  I hope these systems aren't going to
> be broken completely.

[ itch... ]  Maybe we had better do something about chasing symlinks,
then.  ISTM that find_my_exec could resolve a symbolic link down to the
actual executable, and then we could assume that the support files are
located relative to that.  I was worried about portability but it looks
like lstat() and readlink() are defined in the Single Unix Spec ...