Re: Visibility regression test

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Visibility regression test
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg@aon.at> writes:
> You mean, that the test might fail on a system that takes more than
> ten seconds to INSERT or UPDATE a single row?  I don't think this is a
> real problem.

I don't like depending on a timeout *at all* in a regression test;
the exact value of the timeout is not particularly relevant to my
concern about it.

It surprises me quite a bit that there aren't any existing spots in
the regression tests that would expose a Halloween problem ... I guess
my other concern is that we shouldn't need a whole new test for this.

Сообщение: Re: Visibility regression test
Сообщение: Re: Visibility regression test