Re: Visibility regression test

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Visibility regression test
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
> Backend A locks row
> Backends B and C are waiting on row
> Backend A releases row

> The problem is we cannot determine the order that B and C will wake up
> in, which makes doing a diff against a standard case difficult.

Exactly.

> We don't actually want to serialize the commands as that changes the
> test.

Good point.  Maybe what we need is not so much emphasis on getting an
exactly predetermined output, as a way of understanding the allowed
variations in output order and making the tool able to complain just
when unexpected variation occurs.  In other words, something smarter
than diff to check the results with.

Сообщение: Re: Visibility regression test
Сообщение: Re: Visibility regression test