Re: Use of 'cp -r' in CREATE DATABASE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Use of 'cp -r' in CREATE DATABASE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> but my BSD/OS manual only documents 'cp -R' and mentions:
> I think we should switch to -R in our code.

And break the code on who knows how many other systems?  No thanks.

If we want to do anything at all with this code, we should eliminate the
use of system("cp") entirely in favor of doing the recursive copy logic
ourselves.  We already have the beginnings of same in the Windows port,
and I think we'll be forced down that path anyway for tablespaces.