Re: [ADMIN] PG10 - Out of shared memory / invalid memory alloc request size

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [ADMIN] PG10 - Out of shared memory / invalid memory alloc request size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Arjun Ranade <ranade@nodalexchange.com> writes:
> We will try that.  I am wondering why we need to worry about this in pg10
> whereas we had no issues with shared memory in 9.4

What it looks like to me is something is miscomputing a memory request
size and asking for some silly amount of memory.  I think you're dealing
with a software bug, not inadequate configuration.

> Anecdotally it seems that these errors are happening when
> powa_take_snapshot() (Postgres workload analyzer) is running as well but
> I can't confirm that.

The first theory that comes to mind is that powa_take_snapshot() requires
some updates for PG10.  I do not know what that function is or where you
got it from, but if there's any C code involved, you need to discuss this
with its developer(s).