Re: commit_delay, siblings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: commit_delay, siblings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I've been trying to get a test result for 8.1 that shows that we can eliminate
> commit_delay and commit_siblings, as I believe that these settings no longer
> have any real effect on performance.

I don't think they ever did :-(.  The theory is good, but useful values
for commit_delay would probably be under a millisecond, and there isn't
any portable way to sleep for such short periods.  We've been leaving
them there just in case somebody can find a use for 'em, but I wouldn't
object to taking them out.