Re: Opening pgAdmin 4 in a new browser window as an alternativeuser flow

От Luther Goh Lu Feng
Тема Re: Opening pgAdmin 4 in a new browser window as an alternativeuser flow
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

> yep, exactly. The code for that is already in the repository. But there are a few considerations to be made such as
launchingand waiting for the python server to be up when the window is opened, ensuring the port number is fixed or
matchesthe one used by the server and some sort of secret key exchange and context menus.

Is there a ticket or a branch that I can follow for the electron code?

On Friday, August 9, 2019, 3:00:37 PM GMT+8, Avin Kavish <avinkavish@gmail.com> wrote:

okay, my point is that an answer was given to Luther which I believe helped him solve his problem :) Just trying to
saveyou the energy of looking into this in detail, that is all :) Sometimes I shorten what I'm thinking to a few words
andit leaves it open to interpretation.

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 11:50 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> Right - I’m just point out that you may be able to add a command line option to tell your browser to use a new
window.

> -- Dave PageBlog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.comTwitter: @pgsnakeEnterpriseDB UK:http://www.enterprisedb.comThe
EnterprisePostgreSQL Company

> On 9 Aug 2019, at 06:52, Avin Kavish <avinkavish@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> @Luther Goh Lu Feng  Electron launch option is going to be optional as far as I'm aware
>>
>> @Dave Page I think Khushboo linked a screenshot with the settings
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 11:14 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>> I’m on my phone so can’t provide details, but some browsers offer command line options you can use in the config
dialogto use a new window. In some, you may need to settle for an alternate profile.

>>> -- Dave PageBlog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.comTwitter: @pgsnakeEnterpriseDB UK:http://www.enterprisedb.comThe

tabinstead of a window. But I guess it is impossible to make all users happy so I will rest my case for now.

aslaunching and waiting for the python server to be up when the window is opened, ensuring the port number is fixed or
matchesthe one used by the server and some sort of secret key exchange and context menus.

affectedby what they might do with the browser.

meanta new window in the existing web browser.

existingweb browser should be much more easily achievable.

unlikepgAdmin3. I do wonder if changing the default behaviour to open in a new window would possibly address those
complaints,make it more similar to pgAdmin 3
electron),and it is a side line project, and getting delayed due to limited resources working on the pgAdmin 4.

andhave switched to and fro from Chrome. It would be convenient if there is a single command that applies for both
browsers!

rightof all tabs. I find that less than ideal in the scenario where I have a large number of tabs in firefox, eg, 50,
andI will be abruptly brought to that tab when pgAdmin 4 loads

option,that could be toggled on and off with a checkbox. I would even go as far to suspect that this may be more
welcomedas the default behaviour

foryour browser to always open pgAdmin in the new window.

От: Khushboo Vashi
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to switch off 'Waiting for the query tocomplete..."? screen saver ?
От: Arni
Сообщение: Re: Opening pgAdmin 4 in a new browser window as an alternative userflow