Re: Problems restoring a DB with oids

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problems restoring a DB with oids
Дата
Asunto: Re: Problems restoring a DB with oids
Список pgsql-admin
juanmime@ono.com writes:
> I do this, from Saturn:
> pg_dump -Ft -b -U dbuser -h saturn dbsample > db.tar
> Then, I create the user and database in Saturno, and perform this:
> pg_restore -Ft -v db.tar -d dbsample -U dbuser
> But, pg_restore stops, showing this message:

> pg_restore: fixing large object cross-references for parts.qltymemdoc
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error while updating column "qltymemdoc" of
> table "parts": ERROR: large object 609937 does not exist
> pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

I think what is happening is that dbuser is not a superuser (correct?)
and therefore is unable to disable triggers during the restore.  But
you have to disable the lo_manage trigger to avoid errors, because
lo_manage will think it has to clean up the blob references in the
existing data.

In short: if you are using the LO type then blob restores have to be
done as superuser.  I suppose this oughta be documented someplace...