Re: Trouble w/ COPY command

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Trouble w/ COPY command
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Wells Oliver <wellsoliver@gmail.com> writes:
> I have CSV files blowing up because they have double quotes around numeric
> values: " 1.34" yields ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type numeric: "
> 1.34"

Is that an exact copy of the error message?  Because there are double
quotes in that error message's text; what you are showing does not
suggest that they are part of the data value.  I'm wondering about
non-visible characters myself.

> And occasionally these are empty, and you see invalid syntax for type
> numeric: " "

Well, that you're going to have to do something else about.  Possibly
you could treat the empty string as null?  (See the 'null string'
option to COPY.)