Re: SELECT is immediate but the UPDATE takes forever

От Raimon Fernandez
Тема Re: SELECT is immediate but the UPDATE takes forever
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9dic, 2010, at 14:32 , Vick Khera wrote:

>> well, after a VACUUM things are going faster ... I'm still trying to analyze the function as it seems there are
otherbottlechecnk, but at least the first update now is faster as before ...

> If that's the case then your 'no' answer to "is the table bloated" was probably incorrect,

here you maybe are right

> and your answer to "is your I/O slow to grow a file" is also probably incorrect.

not sure as I'm not experiencing any slownes on the same machine with other postgresql databases that are also more or
lessthe same size, I'm still a real newbie ...

thanks!

regards,

raimon