Re: date formatting and tab-complete patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: date formatting and tab-complete patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Manuel Sugawara <masm@fciencias.unam.mx> writes:
> That's OK for me, since I already maintain my own version of postgres
> with "features" that may not be useful for every one, or not
> acceptable due "backwards compatibility" constrains. However waiting
> about a year for those small changes to appear in the official
> release is, IMHO, too much waiting :-(.

The interval between major versions is supposed to be 4 months or so,
not a year.  I admit we've had pretty awful luck at keeping to schedule
the past couple of cycles --- but that's not a reason to change the
schedule target, and definitely not a reason to cause the schedule to
slip more by ignoring the feature-freeze rule after beta starts.