Re: ALTER SERVER SYNTAX ISSUE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER SERVER SYNTAX ISSUE
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Doc_comments_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> I found that the alter server statement below does not work:
> ALTER SERVER foo OPTIONS (host 'foo', dbname 'foodb');
> but this does:
> ALTER SERVER foo OPTIONS (set host 'foo', set dbname 'foodb');

Hm, define "does not work".  Those aren't equivalent: the first
form adds options that weren't already set, while the second one
changes the values of already-set options.  (The SQL committee
were being unreasonably nitpicky in not providing an add-or-replace
choice, IMO, but that's how the spec is written.)

Is your complaint just that this is inadequately documented?
I see that it's not spelled out in so many words on that page.