Re: lost superuser perms

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: lost superuser perms
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Davide Bozzelli <buzzz@newtel.it> writes:
> I have lost the superuser permissions of postgres user.
> The postgres user does not have  the "create user"
> and "create database" permission .
> Are there a way to recover this permissions without
> the recreation of the cluster database ?

If you are using 7.2, shut down the postmaster, start a standalone
backend and issue the proper ALTER USER commands to restore postgres'
superuserdom.  (There is info about running a standalone backend on
the 'postgres' man page and the 'REINDEX' man page.)

In prior releases I think you may be out of luck, unless you want to
risk manual surgery on the pg_shadow file.