Re: Libpq PGRES_COPY_BOTH - version compatibility

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Libpq PGRES_COPY_BOTH - version compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 13:18, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Adding a #define to our headers that you can test for seems like the way to go.

> That's kind of what I was going for ;)

I don't see the point.  You're going to need a *run time* test on
PQserverVersion to figure out what the server will return, no?

Also, if you really do need to figure out which PG headers you're
compiling against, looking at catversion.h is the accepted way to do it.
There's no need for yet another symbol.