Re: vacuum full is not reclaiming the space and showing non-removable rows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: vacuum full is not reclaiming the space and showing non-removable rows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
rajan <vgmonnet@gmail.com> writes:
> We deleted(using a delete query) a lot of rows from the above table and did
> a vacuum full. But we are not able to reclaim the space(occupied by this
> table) and the result is showing that there are nonremovable rows.

There's an old open transaction somewhere that's possibly still able to
see those rows.  Look for idle sessions in pg_stat_activity.

I don't remember at the moment whether prepared-but-uncommitted
transactions can hold back reclaiming dead data, but look into
pg_prepared_xacts as well.