Re: issue in pgfdw_report_error()?

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: issue in pgfdw_report_error()?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2021/11/20 1:16, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> With the existing code, it emits "" for message_primary[0] == '\0'
> cases but with the patch it emits "could not obtain message string for
> remote error".

Yes.

> Well, in that case, why can't we get rid of "(message_primary != NULL"
> and just have "message_primary[0] != '\0' ? errmsg_internal("%s",
> message_primary) : errmsg("could not obtain message string for remote
> error")" ?

That's possible if we can confirm that PQerrorMessage() never returns
NULL all the cases. I'm not sure how much it's worth doing that, though..
It seems more robust to check also NULL there.

> BTW, we might have to fix it in dblink_res_error too?

Yeah, that's good idea. I included that change in the patch. Attached.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center