Re: Shouldn't postgres_fdw report warning when it gives up getting result from foreign server?

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Shouldn't postgres_fdw report warning when it gives up getting result from foreign server?
Дата
Ответ на Re: Shouldn't postgres_fdw report warning when it gives up getting result from foreign server?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Shouldn't postgres_fdw report warning when it gives up getting result from foreign server?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2021/11/20 1:38, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> It reports "remote SQL command: (cancel request)" which isn't a sql
> query, but it looks okay to me as we report (cancel request). The
> pgfdw_get_cleanup_result_v1 patch LGTM.

BTW, we can hide the message "remote SQL command: .." in cancel request case,
but which would make the debug and troubleshooting harder. So I decided to
use the string "(cancel request)" as SQL command string. Probably what string
should be used as SQL command might be debatable.

> I think we can discuss this refactoring patch separately. Thoughts?

Yes! I will consider again if it's worth doing the refactoring,
if yes, I will start new thread for the discussion for that.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center