Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pageinspect: Try to fix some bugs in previous commit.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pageinspect: Try to fix some bugs in previous commit.
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pageinspect: Try to fix some bugs in previous commit.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-committers
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'm about to push a fix that removes the crashes (or at least the ones
>> I see on dromedary),

> For comparison, a patch I wrote by inspection is attached.

Hm, some of what you have here matches what I just pushed, but not all.

I just made the C code agree with what the SQL declarations for the
functions say.  I'm pretty dubious that the SQL declarations are entirely
sensible as to which values need to be of what width, but I'll leave that
decision for somebody who's been paying closer attention to the hash code.

>> I think probably both of those are unavoidable 32-bit v 64-bit
>> differences due to available space on a page changing with MAXALIGN.
>> What do you want to do about those?

> How about we have the test just select a named list of fields instead
> of selecting *?

Yeah, that's one possible answer.  We could also maintain two
expected-files for 32 bit v 64 bit, but I'm not sure it's worth
the trouble.