Re: Tru64/Alpha problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Tru64/Alpha problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Honda Shigehiro has diagnosed the longstanding problems with his
> Tru64/Alpha buildfarm member (bear). See below.

> First, it appears that there is a problem with the system getaddrinfo(),
> which configure reports as usable, but turns out not to be. Our current
> configure test checks the return value of getaddrinfo("", "", NULL,
> NULL) but I am wondering if we should test for "localhost" instead of ""
> as the first parameter.

Huh?  That's just an AC_TRY_LINK test, we don't actually execute it.
If we did, the test would fail on machines where resolution of "localhost"
is broken, which we already know is a not-so-rare disease ...

I'm not sure that I believe the "getaddrinfo doesn't work" diagnosis
anyway, seeing that bear gets through "make check" okay.  Wouldn't that
fail too if there were a problem there?

> Second, it appears that this platform apparently doesn't handle Infinity
> and NaN well. The regression diffs are attached.

On the FPE front, it'd be useful to get a gdb traceback to see where the
SIGFPE is occurring.