Re: Postgres process

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres process
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Raghavendra <raghavendra.rao@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Still, my guess we cannot get the process description on SunOS.

I surely hope you're not still running SunOS.  If you mean Solaris,
note what the manual says at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/monitoring-ps.html

    Tip: Solaris requires special handling. You must use /usr/ucb/ps,
    rather than /bin/ps. You also must use two w flags, not just one. In
    addition, your original invocation of the postgres command must have
    a shorter ps status display than that provided by each server
    process. If you fail to do all three things, the ps output for each
    server process will be the original postgres command line.

This advice is close to ten years old, but might well still apply to
recent Solaris releases.